Now please don’t get me wrong. There are 7.108 BILLION people in the world. Out of that 7.108 billion, someone is going to smile on a Monday, or heck, maybe every Monday (some people are weird like that!). But if they had the amount of ambition I felt this morning when I got out of bed, they would not, in fact, smile until 11:16 am.
When I rolled out of bed this morning, late (50% of workers on Monday are also late for work), I thought “I am not going to work”. But I know that isn’t an option. Not now anyway. There is WAY too much to be done on a daily basis to call off because it’s Monday. Even though the number of heart attack victims is increased by 20% on Mondays, therefore I am increasing my chance of death by just going to work, I still need to be there Monday.
But who wants to let a Monday get them down? After-all, Monday is also the least rainy day of them all! (Ironically it was thundering when I woke up, but as if complying with this particular fun fact, it didn’t rain..) So since I had an overwhelming feeling I would have a rough and tough day, I decided I needed to make myself happy. So I rolled up my sleeves, did some research, and here is what I found.
- Clean underwear is statistically more abundant on Monday, likely due to the extra time for laundry over the weekend
- M&M’s and Mondays both start with “M”
- Other pleasant words that start with “M” are Magical, Memories, Mickey Mouse, Merry, Meditate, and Marvelous
- Monday Night Football is only on Monday
- My favorite weekly feature on MNF, C’mon Man!, is also on Monday
- There is usually a tasty leftover to take for lunch, and sometimes enough left for dinner on Monday
- Labor Day and Memorial Day are both on Mondays
- The Eiffel Tower opened on a Monday
- Wheel of Fortune premiered on a Monday